- Perry, 49, was pictured in New York City on Thursday, the first time he’s been seen since August 2017
- The Friends star looked unwell, was wearing stained clothing and his hands appeared to be swollen
- He sparked concern on Twitter in February after revealing he had been kicked out of therapy.
- In 2018 he spent three months in hospital after suffering a gastrointestinal perforation
- The actor has been open about his issues with addiction and depression which got progressively worse in the 1990s when he was filming the hit NBC sitcom
- Thursday’s outing came after his former Friends costar Jennifer Aniston recently said she would now be open to a Friends reunion
Matthew Perry has been pictured out in public for the first time in almost two years following his recent health battles.
But the 49-year-old Friends actor, who has previously battled substance addiction and depression, sparked concern with his appearance as he was seen walking in Manhattan on Thursday looking disheveled and bloated.
The TV funnyman, who spent three months in hospital last year for a ruptured bowel, was seen wearing loose-fitting stained clothes and sporting a large mark on his right cheek.
Also cause for alarm were Perry’s swollen hands and long unkempt fingernails, hinting that that the actor is struggling with his health once again.
The much-loved comedian found fame as one of the six Friends in the classic 90s sitcom with Jennifer Aniston, Courtney Cox, Lisa Kudrow, Matt LeBlanc and David Schwimmer.
And Perry’s appearance was in stark contrast to his former Friends costars Cox and Aniston this week as they looked the picture of health and happiness on a trip to Mexico.
The women, who have remained close since the NBC comedy wrapped in 2004, celebrated Courteney’s 55th birthday in Cabo, hitting the beach in their bikinis with a group of pals.